We Help Our Clients’ Teams to Respond to and Manage Complaints Better.
We help our clients’ teams to respond and manage complaints better.
Responding to customer complaints is a skill that most of us have to learn. There is a lot of research to show that if you do a first-rate job of handling a customer complaint, they will often go away happier than if there had never been a complaint in the first place. They’ll also tell their friends and family that they had a complaint about you, and that it was brilliantly fixed.
Likewise, if you don’t sort it out, they’ll tell even more people how rubbish your whole company is – often on the basis of just one incident. So, it’s vital to get it right – whatever department you work in.
What does a complaining customer usually want from us?
• To know that we have understood their complaint, both the ‘event’ itself and the emotions involved
• An apology: this does not mean we are admitting any fault or liability at this stage
• Not wasting time on blame or excuses
• What actions we are going to take
• What the next steps are from our side
• Follow-up on any promises made in our response
We focus on helping your team members to create rapport and trust from the get-go, to listen fully so that all the details have been understood, and to offer them a workable solution and agree next actions. We believe many complaint calls can be handled like a good sales conversation: